Author Topic: Wicked Weather  (Read 9822 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: Wicked Weather
« on: Jan 04, 2008, 10:22:29 AM »
This is a report from my sister in San Fran. She commutes to the Apple headquarters in Cupertino

we are having a triple-storm blow through. started yesterday and won't stop till sunday. it's pouring down rain today ... with winds gusting so hard the rain is blowing horizontally. trees were coming down onto the tracks this morning on the train ride in.  the train ahead of mine hit one! very exciting.

to celebrate, trilo and i are having another Boozemas party at the loft tonight! well, it wasn't actually planned to be during the storm of the century, it's just turned out that way. luckily we have enough of everything left over from our party last weekend that we don't need to go out to get much more ... and all our friends live in the city so they don't have to drive. if it's gonna be nasty, you might as well party, eh?

lights have been flickering here in the graphic design building. cupertino is pretty consistent with having blackouts during big storms, so i wouldn't be surprised to see one today. (kinda wreaks havoc when you're doing a big render that takes many hours though!) needless to say, i'll be leaving early today. :)
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit: