Author Topic: Jessi still recovering  (Read 28892 times)

Wyotechgrad08

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 13
  • Member since Nov '07
  • Jessi Combs prote'ge
    • View Profile
Re: Jessi still recovering
« on: Dec 13, 2007, 06:45:44 PM »
On January 29, 2007, a non-shoot day, Jessi had a terrible accident at work just outside of the studio. A 550lb band-saw fell, landed on her back, taco’d her head to her knees, shattered her L3 and everything surrounding.

After being ambulanced to the Vanderbilt Hospital, a few x-rays, cat scans, and laying on her back without any movement for five days; the doctors performed a major spinal surgery to install new hardware consisting of 2 screws and 4 hooks, holding together 2 rods,  allowing for a fusion of the L1 - L4 vertebrae.
 Jessi is now at home walking, healing, and becoming a tad bit impatient from going 90 to nothing. No worries though, Physical therapy ended in May, so she continues home therapy to the point where she has almost returned to a normal workout session. Shes definitely getting back to what the doctors say will be 100%. You will be able to see her back on the show starting July 15th working part time on limited light duty, which includes no wheeling...yet.
I love with JESSI COMBS! I look forward to the day I can work with her, cause I'm THE NEXT BIG THING!