Author Topic: 85 4Runner low lift high flex set up question  (Read 13917 times)

albo4runin

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 12
  • Member since Dec '05
  • AIR ASSUALT!
    • View Profile
Re: 85 4Runner low lift high flex set up question
« on: Dec 04, 2007, 10:24:33 AM »
From what I see the black rig looks to have about 30" from axle center to fender, but can't tell if there is a 1" body lift of not.  From what I've read, it seems the Marlin or AP 4" springs a great, I just don't get how they call the springs 4" of lift.  If I ordered Alcan 4" lift I feel it would sit lower.  Do you think the alcans are better riding in any way?  As for the RUF rig, that's the kind of lift height I'm looking for, I would just run 33 -35's.  Did you cross over steer it with your setup or just run the push pull since the lift is low?  If you did, any interference with the frame at full flex?  Thanks for the posts... 

The black has no body lift, the springs are not fully settled in yet in this pic. I'll measure that when I get over there next.
As far as the ride, the black one with marlin lift rides awesome! It took a while to get there, settled in.
 The alcans flex wonderfully, on the grey one, but I screwed up and did not put bump stops on, which has now plastisized the front springs. My pitman arm and drag link served as my driver side bump stop, so I need to get an arm with less rise for clearance issues, after I make the bump stops. This pic was taken right after the sas conv. Its sits alot lower now, plus winch/bumper weight. My steering box position has been moved forward about an inch and angled down somewhat, this was done to fit the d44 and was that way on the 93 taco that I got the running gear from.
All that to say if your in Grand Jct Co. Alcan can set their springs up for your app. If not I'm happy with the marlin kit.
"Rather fail by honor than succeed by fraud."