Author Topic: copressor help  (Read 2151 times)

OOPS

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1304
  • Male Posts: 2,561
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
Re: copressor help
« on: Nov 18, 2007, 09:54:35 AM »

Is there a kit 

or you just got keep it lube  and have the hose made/plumb it.

1 what is the PSI/CFMs
2. what size tank is good
3. will it be efficient enough 2 bother with it.

Front Range used to offer a kit. I do not see it on their web page but you could give them a call to se if they still offer it.

http://www.frontrangeoffroadfab.com/nfoscomm/catalog/

1. There is more to it then sticking a hose on it and using. On the rotary style pumps, what you have you need an oiler on the intake side, a pressure cutoff switch, you should have a water/oil separator on the output side. I do not know the PSI/CFMs put they put out enough to air up my 35 MTR's from 8-9 PSI to 25 in about five minutes for all four tires.

2. I have a five gallon tank I got from Wal-Mart.

3. Yes, very.

While the rotary style work great as long as you keep them oiled on the intake, the older style York piston compressors are much better because they have a crankcase that has oil in it and you do not have to have an oiler on the intake. They are not real hard to mount up to a 22r. I have a Mini York mounted on my 3.0 and it took some thinking to get it mounted up. It works great and airs my 36" IROKS up from 4-5 psi to 25 in about 8-10 minutes. I turn the system on and off with the stock AC switch which still has the idle-up feature hooked up.

Here is a web page that sells stuff for the Yorks and other accessories for OBA.

http://www.kilbyenterprises.com/oba-products.htm

Here are a few pictures of my present set-up:

York and Mini York

Air manifold (homemade) with pressure switch and gage

York Mounted

Air tank

David & Theresa Fritzsche, 1990 Ex-Cab with a few mods!!!!!!!!! Roseville, CA Sobriety =Serenity