Author Topic: Diffrent ECUs?  (Read 2820 times)

Stinky

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 636
  • Member since Aug '05
  • my wifes vagine, it hangs like a sleeve of wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Diffrent ECUs?
« on: Nov 09, 2007, 11:25:21 PM »
I just finished my auto to 5spd swap in my 85' 4runner, i got an ECU from a 5spd same generation. . .plugged it in and it runs like a top. I have read quite a few times that the ECU for the auto will richen your fuel mixture and throw codes. . . and also i noticed my auto ECU has a couple of additional numbers that differ from the 5spd ECU besides the main part number. I only had to splice a few wires under the hood none in the cab.

ya, it runs super rich b/c it throws a code for the TPS (throttle pos. sensor) and doesnt have any info from the trans, saying that the trucks moving... so it constantly thinks the trucks under a constant accel, therefore dumping more fuel in than wat is needed... you CAN advance the timing, which i did for a while, i had it advanced about 16-17 degrees, it made a difference, but its not the smartest idea...b/c you get detonation and could risk blowing it up....

and you need to jumper the neutral safety switch so you can start the truck(cuz if not then the truck thinks its not in park or neutral, and wont start, so ya have to jumper it to fool the truck)

and by wires i mean the plugs in the connector, their just little tabs, you push a little plastic thing out of the way and you can pull the small spade contact out of the connector.
87 p/u SAS, 22RE, built, then cut up and scrapped

94 ex cab P/U, SR5, fully loaded, 3.4 swap, r150f, a/c, bumpers, 33s, glass fenders...sold

00 Stoopid Duty 250, ex cab, lariat, v-10,000

94 reg cab, 22re, duals, 38.5 boggers, sas, 4 link, tube bed, build underway... http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=967836

88 Samurai, soa, buick 3.8, th350, zuki case, 1/4 done... anyone wanna buy it??