Author Topic: 03 NOV- Utah- 5MP.  (Read 9965 times)

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: 03 NOV- Utah- 5MP.
« on: Nov 01, 2007, 09:34:27 AM »
haha yah i'm just listen every problem that its had hahahaha. nah its a really good little rig and like you mentioned it has never just given up and died on me. i view it as gm's little brother, just as solid, reliable, and capable. only lacking in power. as you know i havent exactly babied this rig either, and the only thing i've damaged is the rear bumper and bent the front bumper slightly when i hit that baby deer down in Texas. thought i broke a cv shaft at one point because i heard a loud pop, but nothing has broken.

hey my problem with the gmc was no ground clearance with a longer wheelbase, that and old worn out belts. which reminds me i need to change the other belts on the 4runner.

with Texan's driving big trucks it depends on where your at. most areas are like how utah is with what vehicle you drive, its your decision get what works for you. west texas though is the home of large trucks and big block engines. do i need a suburban? no, an old 2 door blazer would be perfect. do i need a big block? no, when i tow i tow up to 8500 pounds so a small cummins 4bt diesel would be perfect. the 4runner fits every need and goal that i have (or can be modified to meet them) with the exception of towing capability. i can make a soft top for it, i can lower the gear ratio so i can idle along when offroading, i can put a diesel in it so i can run biodiesel, seats 4 comfortably, can carry some cargo, can put a solid front axle under it. but i cant increase the tow capability that much. i can increase it up to maybe 5k pounds (stopping the trailer and handling it during emergency situations in the concern, i could care less about being able to maintain 70mph pulling a trailer uphill) but thats it. 4runner just doesnt have the weight to control a trailer over 5k pounds.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech