Author Topic: Bad day at work - dog bite!  (Read 5535 times)

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 130
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Grumpy, but pretty good at it
    • View Profile
Re: Bad day at work - dog bite!
« Reply #30 on: Oct 28, 2007, 11:37:43 AM »
You could also pick up some Vit E capsules, poke a hole in one end and squeeze out the goop and rub it on the scar 2-3 times per day...<snip>...Also, try to avoid sunburn, as it will alter the scar formation and make it more obvious...<snip>...Glad your OK. Could have been much worse. Looks like the ER doc did a decent job sewing you back together.
Thanks for the suggestions.  The doc seemed to be pretty confident - not cocky, just seemed at ease and familiar with what he was doing.

So far he has shown no signs of agression towards anyone or anything...<snip>...I won't put up with him if I consider him a risk to anyone it's simply not worth it.

Do you know if the dog had been fixed?  Male or female?  Find out if the owner had raised him from a pup...

Glad to find someone that isn't a lawsuit freak!  Thanks for being reasonable.
Interesting comments.  I believe I remember hearing the owner say that the dog was neutered, and I know he's had him since pupdom (six weeks, I think he said) and that he's never shown any signs of aggression in the past.  I may have just smelled too much like a ham sandwich and made him hungry...but during the course of my treatment a number of people have mentioned, anecdotally, that Rottweilers have a reputation for turning aggressive rather suddenly.  I don't know whether statistically there's anything to that or not.  Needless to say it's a breed I won't be going out of my way to adopt.

As long as I heal up (which is going well so far) and the scarring is minimal, I can't see any reason to sue.  All it would do is break the dog's owner by transferring some of his assets to two lawyers and their employees.  Lawyers already have more money than the owner and I do, so there's no net benefit.

I'm just trying to help out a 4-wheeling pal.
I do appreciate it, even though  :psss: I don't actually have anything off-roady yet.  I'm just here for the beer and the tech, mostly.  Plus sometimes it's actually easier to keep in touch with family (kneedownnate and Stocker in this case) via forums than through direct contact since they're all out of state.

:beerchug:  Thanks again for the help.  Shouldn't be much uglier than I started when all is said and done!