Author Topic: What do you think?  (Read 2177 times)

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think?
« on: Oct 18, 2007, 12:23:36 PM »
WOW, Topar, are you my mommy???  :yupyup:  Honestly, my mother is in the EXACT same scenario.  We both work at the local state University (I'm in IT, she's a campus police officer).  Same benefits, SAME PROBLEMS.  The politics and administration just SUCK, can't get any support or resources, it just seems to get worse and worse.  We both have the same problems in our positions here, maybe it's the college atmosphere in general.  But we both live just 1 mile away and can't really imagine taking the chance at changing jobs and ending up in a place that sucks just as bad.  That's pretty much what we've decided.  Everywhere you work is going to have some sort of issues eventually.  I've been here 8 years and she's been here almost 10, so maybe it's just that we need to get over this slump of having been here long enough to see all of the "gory details."  But at the end of the day, we just need to realize there are lots of people who would love to have our horrible jobs, and we really are lucky.  (I know, I know...PUKE..hahaha).  My honest opinion would be to just stay put.  You already have over 8 years toward your retirement, may as well just keep building toward it.  I'm currently in a HUGE morale slump in my job, but I'm going to find a way to push past it.  Soon as I figure it out, I'll let ya know!  :thumbs:
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod: