The Hammers
20 (19%)
Panamint Valley
1 (1%)
Moab
29 (27.6%)
Other (please specify)
8 (7.6%)
Marlin's Backyard (like behind his house)
6 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: Mar 23, 2008, 10:30:37 PM

Author Topic: MCR7 Location Poll - VOTE NOW!  (Read 24333 times)

93tonkatoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 463
  • Member since Jul '07
  • drive it till it breaks! then break out the tools.
    • View Profile
Re: MCR7 Location Poll - VOTE NOW!
« Reply #90 on: Oct 03, 2007, 11:00:29 AM »
While  I would love to come to cali and run the rubicon with everyone, as has been stated before, problems are starting to creep in. For a large number of us, the trip is VERY long, and the amount of time spent on the trail, vs the time travelling, is short. Space is getting limited, loyalty of friends, while a very good quality, is keeping more people from being able to enjoy the reason for the round-up; meeting and getting to know other marliners. To me, the point of the round-up should be as much the meeting and fellowship of friends, as it is wheeling. A central, accessible gathering place where groups could wheel out and back, would give people more opportunity to get to know a wider range of wheelers, not just one group wheeling in together, and the same group wheeling back out together.

While i would like to see a site more centralized, if the round-up is back at the rubicon next year, i would still try to attend. But definitely keep it where it is, if Marlin would not be able to attend at a site farther away.

Another good idea, would be to start, as was demonstrated this year, regional round-ups, and keep the MCR just as it is. Kudos to those responsible for getting it set up and carrying out MCR-ARKANSAS. While the southeast is not represented on the board with a large number of users, we are beginning to get some areas opened for off-road recreation. Some of these would be suitable for area marliners to come and enjoy a long weekend of recreation, together.

Just a few thoughts, i'll shut up now.
It ain't worth doin' if you don't have to clean up afterwards!

Build it, break it, fix it, repeat until your wallet is empty.

I shall infuse thy Jeep with the Essence of Toyota...and maybe that one won't pee on itself at the first sight of granite. - Duffil

SAVE TELLICO post 491