Author Topic: spring hanger kit or SAS kit  (Read 2904 times)

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
Re: spring hanger kit or SAS kit
« on: Sep 26, 2007, 11:04:44 AM »
OK, so basically< I can go with a hanger kit. Find an axle and some springs. I don't really think I need to lift it at this point, I have a 3" body lift on it now. I can run push pull steering until I can afford hi steer. Need longer brake lines, shocks, can I run shocks in there stock location until I can get hoops? Am I missing anything?
I had it out this weelend and it wouldn't flex enough to make it up simple looking obstacles. Would a rear locker make much of a difference in these situations. Basically it will flex a little lift a tire and sit and spin.
BTW Thanks for the info.
Personally,I'd wait untill you can do it right,that way you don't do the work twice,you're gonna swap in the push-pull steering box and then swap in the IFS box when you do the high-steer,no big deal but I would still wait.It sounds like the problem you have is with traction.Doing a solid axle swap and running stock springs isn't gonna make a huge difference or give you more traction.I would buy a locker or a spool for the rear and keep it IFS for now,it'll make more of a noticeable difference,then when you have the money,do a complete kit.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com