Author Topic: 6 inch IFS lifts Show or Go?  (Read 20013 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: 6 inch IFS lifts Show or Go?
« Reply #30 on: Sep 20, 2007, 06:36:05 PM »
Oh i see.
makes sense.
SAS anytime soon?

:dunno:  who knows?  Right now I am in a fire academy, so I don't have the time, and i'm not wheeling again until I get another vehicle.  It is my DD, and I can't afford for it to go down for any reason, let alone me crawling it. However, come Jan. when I get out of thew academy and start working on shift, I'll have more time to mess with it.  Even then, I'm going to leave the IFS alone until the truck needs it.  I'd really like to give little sluice a shot with the IFS, just to see if I can do it, but we'll see if that happens.  I'm already planning on dovetailing and bobbing the bed, and putting a little more body protection on the truck, plus new front and rear bumpers with a winch.  Down the road is a 4.3 swap, but that comes when the current 3.0 dies.  I've got duals already, and that really helps, so it it really just a waiting game to see just how much I can thrash it before it falls apart.  However, I do have moonrocks 20 minutes from me, so It may be sooner rather than later :gap:  I've already got the axle in storage, so when it comes time to do it, I'm already halfway there. 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent