Author Topic: My sweet ass new ride!  (Read 4024 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: My sweet ass new ride!
« on: Sep 16, 2007, 10:31:22 PM »
Welp, I'm hoping to do some work to it and sell it for a profit.  I'm poor and need cash, but sometimes you have to spend money to make money!  Might also make it my beater parts getter and sell my 91, but I'd have to make sure it's going to be dependable, which I aim to do no matter if I keep it or sell.

Guy said it had a $200 stereo system in it a couple times :rolleyes:  It has a PYLE stereo in it and no name door speakers.  While I'm backing it off the trailer my friend says "we should take it for a ride", so I start pulling out the driveway and he says "what are you doing?".  Going for a ride man!  Figured out 2 things very quickly. 1-some genious had installed the shifter backward so it almost hits the dash, 2-first gear in this thing is taaaaaaaaaaall! 

known issues:  blown head gasket
oil leak, probably front main and valve cover from the looks of it
steering box is tight and loose...
some gauges don't work
shifter is in backward

My friend really likes my motorbike, probably because it was the first he ever rode, so while here he wanted to check it out.  It was pretty dark in the carport, so I grabbed my flashlight.  While we're standing there he turns around a couple times and says "I hear something there", then turns around and aims the flashlight in the rafters and there's an opposum sitting up there!  After that he gets sketchy every time he hears a leaf fall, a lizard or frog move.  Welcome to my world :haha:

I'll get more pics tomorrow.  You can't even see the crossbox or lumber rack.  Has a decent rear bumper too.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!