Author Topic: for the the street bike guys/gals  (Read 4723 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: for the the street bike guys/gals
« on: Sep 07, 2007, 09:50:21 PM »
Leaving the road is never that fun, you're lucky you didn't go down! 

I went off into the grass at the track once.  I passed a slower guy just before a corner, knew if I continued the pass and pulled into my line he'd probably tuck and go down so I went off into the infield around 70mph, got back on and passed him 2 corners later with a little more room. 

Pretty much everybody crashes at some point, no matter how good they are, some just set the curve.  I've watched a very good instructor go down at the track.  Ever seen the corkscrew at laguna seca?  Same style corner, different track.  If you've never heard the sound of plastic/glass fairings sliding across pavement, consider yourself lucky :ack:  You'll never forget it. 

Consider yourselves lucky if you've never helped somebody who's covered in blood from head to toe up the bank - and if you show up to a ride in shorts and a t-shirt, heed your friends warnings so you're not bloody head to toe over the side of a bank!  Considered yourselves lucky if you haven't sat crouched under your very heavy friend on a loose hillside for 30+ minutes holding him up so his shattered hip doesn't hurt so much.  That was the least I've ever cared about getting all cramped up though, but thank heaven for the big guy who took my place!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!