Author Topic: Still not quite right...  (Read 2069 times)

Plekto

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 27
  • Male Posts: 863
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
Re: Still not quite right...
« on: Sep 06, 2007, 11:01:23 AM »
Well, he did have to bleed it again after it had sat all night. I thought it was maybe getting air in it/had a leak, but it wanted to grind a bit right after he adjusted it(parking when I got home).  Sort of the RR*Thunk* - which I wasn't sure if it was normal or not, since almsot all cars I've ever had have done that from time to time.

But today parking at work(where I am now) it just wouldn't slow down to go into reverse at all until I buried it hard.(basically stood on the clutch).

Pretty much everything was replaced as far as I can tell.(new master and slave and hoses at least)  I guess I'll have to take it in tomorrow.  *sigh*. 

At least there's a six month warranty on the work, so it's not going to cost me anything to get fixed.

P.S. is there anything like the flywheel being resurfaced too many times or a bent fork or something that might just not be moving it far enough apart to completely disengage?  I can feel it engage halfway down, but it doesn't actually release until I nearly hit the floor.  As if there's some reduction gear in-between or something.

ie - instead of moving 1X apart, it's moving 1/8thX apart for the same movement.