Author Topic: rubicon in my 85 4runner  (Read 2267 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: rubicon in my 85 4runner
« on: Sep 05, 2007, 06:07:16 PM »
i figure ill toast my clutch like an m-f'r, i expect lotsa body damge, maybe a flop ( i never have), lots of frame rubbage in back, lots, an alot of skinny pedal. its me an a bro. its gonna be so nuts.
my truck is a complete beater an daily driver, but more on the beater side. its thrashed but as long as it can cruise on the freeway at 75mph im happy. i just dont want to break drive train or engine stuff.

Ummm, a clutch is part of the drivetrain?  :headscratch: 

With what you have, you could certainly make it through the rubicon.  In the hands of an experienced driver, I think it could do well.  However, if you plan on wheeling it like you're talking, you might as well plan on walking home right now.  A flop? that can seriously affect your getting home ability, let alone your cruising at 75mph.  even cautious drivers break birfs, snap drivelines, blow up gears, etc.  Going into it with a rod knock is also pretty stupid IMO. You're already putting yourself at a disadvantage.  Go slow, and listen to other drivers, ones that have done this a few times.  Once you are out there, listen to the advice of others, and don't give them the little "I'm gonna do it anyway, no matter what you say."  What they have to tell you will save you a lot of pain in the long run. 

good luck
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent