Author Topic: Meteors this weekend  (Read 2657 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: Meteors this weekend
« on: Aug 11, 2007, 02:36:12 PM »
It's tough because we have a lot of tall pine trees all over the place.
The valley has people and the people have lights, so that's out.

Hard to get a wide view of the sky.

Although, I just had an idea...  I may be able to get my raft going in time, and take us down the river out of the canyons.  Hmm.

Thanks again.  Don't know about everyone else - but I highly value and appreciate being informed of special things in the night sky.  I remember I was wheelin near Redding once and the northern lights hit because of a super solar storm.  That was one of the best nights of my life.  Thanks for the headsup on this cosmic show.  I would have missed it if I didn't catch your post.

Cheers.

I might wet myself if I ever saw the northern lights. We really have the best of all worlds down here...mountains everywhere and wide valleys...not too many trees in the lower altitudes. Out in the San Pedro valley you probably have close to 165-170* horizon east to west, north to south there aren't a lot of obstacles.

I'll be out there all night...me, the illegals and my shot gun!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)