Author Topic: 1UZFE or 2UZFE into 93 4Runner - Auto Tranny Questions???  (Read 73320 times)

cebby

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -10
  • Male Posts: 164
  • Member since Jan '04
  • 1 to the U to the Z
    • View Profile
    • TOOLandFAB.com
OK finally got a couple of hours to do some clean up and start assembling my 1UZ today.

First I installed the plug tube gaskets into the cam covers. 

Hit them with a coating of oil to make it easy to insert them.

Here's where the inventiveness comes in...  I took this shot on a timer and held the camera under my chin to get the shot (that was my 2nd try)

Here I've taped off the various passages so I can give it a cleaning - obviously not a Smitherz level of cleaning, but I wanted to get the grunge off of it while it's all apart.  This is a pre-cleaning shot (although after the cleaning, it isn't vastly cleaner - at least I know it's clean...

Here's some teasers with a few of the parts on the engine (not done cleaning yet though), plus I need to get bolts for the starter to reverse the mounting for easy removal.

Maybe a new avatar??

Here's the color match.  Since I was trying to match a dark metallic, I opted to match to the bright-sunlight version (as in the color it takes on when it sunlight).  As anyone who has dark metallic paint can testify, it looks different in various lighting conditions.  It's not exact, but it's a stock color I'll always be able to get.
UZswap.com
A site dedicated to sharing info for swapping the Toyota/
Lexus UZ (V8) engines into Toyota Trucks and 4Runners.

My 4Runner
Just some parts for sale - not much else at the moment...

TOOLandFAB.com
A discussion forum dedicated to tools, fabrication & workshops

My JD2 Bender Hydro Conversion