Author Topic: Happy Birfday Kneedownnate!  (Read 3671 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birfday Kneedownnate!
« on: Jul 25, 2007, 11:54:32 PM »
Happy Birthday Bro     :D   

Don't get all old like I did and slip a disc in your back right after your birthday.  hahaa   

Thanks everybody for the well wishes!  The hike beat me down!  My knees and hips are definately feeling it, but it was worth it because A: I caught fish, and B: I made it to a lake that few people do and C: I didn't sit around all day like a vegetable!  The hike was grueling and way more dangerous than I expected, especially considering this was supposed to be the "easy" way into the lake :shake:  I went into it knowing I wouldn't be able to do it as quickly as the book said, which is odd considering I've smashed all his times on the other trails I've done, but it actually took me twice as long to get out as it was supposed to!  I hike like it's my job and I could get fired at any time, I just don't like to dilly dally or stop unless I need to.  Still fun, doubt I'd do this one again though.

The lake itself was just neat.  Very clear emerald green water, small but deep.  Didn't see it till I was on my way up but there was still a little snowpack, or glacier if you will, right by the lake.  I've read that with a harsher winter, or just an average winter, there are often iceburgs in the lake up till august.

The back thing almost happened to me today too!  I woke up, felt that crappy feeling in the base of my back and thought my day was already over.  Stretched, stretched and stretched then took a few advil.  Kept it down enough to get by, it'll probably bite me in the ass at work tomorrow though.
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2007, 12:05:20 AM by kneedownnate »
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!