Author Topic: Advanced Theology II  (Read 31092 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced Theology II
« Reply #180 on: Jul 21, 2007, 11:31:17 PM »
Thanks for the history lesson. I like learning about history, especially involving the Bible and the church. I just never understood why the week had to start on Sunday. It does make more sense now though. I think it doesn't really matter when you worship. But that is just my current opinion, it may change, I don't know. I understand the point of setting aside the Seventh Day for rest, I was just wondering if any other day could be the Seventh Day, depending upon when the individual starts his/her First Day, or if the first day and last day were predetermined in the Bible as Sunday and Saturday.

On to something new that doesn't apply to much that has been discussed but I currently need help with: My wheeling buddy tells me that he doesn't think he believes in God anytime I bring up religion. What am I supposed to say to him? He has been one of my best friends for quite a few years now, and I would hate to ruin it all now. I guess I don't make friends easily, because most of the kids that I know party all of the time, and I am not into that. Plus many of them don't like wheeling, they just like to go and tear up the land in their high powered destroy-the-land-mobiles (I don't consider this wheeling). In other words, I don't want to lose my good friend over religious beliefs. Should I just not bring it up? Or what? Sometimes it really bothers me that he tells me this stuff, and it makes me feel like I should try to spread the Word to him, but I don't know if I am ready to take on this challenge. Ideas? Thanks in advance for any responses to this even though it is way off topic.

Just let him know that you accept him no matter what his belief is.  Get a copy of the book "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel.  He was an atheist and set out to disprove God and is now a Christian.

As for the Creation Sabbath being part of the ceremonial laws that the children of Isreal observed I would disagree.  The 7th Day Sabbath predated sin in the garden of eden.  There were other "sabbaths" that were part of the ceremonial law, but served a different purpose and were not weekly.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved