Author Topic: Advanced Theology II  (Read 31100 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re: Advanced Theology II
« Reply #180 on: Jul 19, 2007, 12:28:26 PM »
Chim,

I have studied this from my Bible teacher, but I would love to hear another analogy of it to better understand it.

Here is the text in question:
(27) And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
(28) Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
Mark 2:27-28 KJV

I need to learn how to become more open minded, and one way to do this is to hear others opinions and feelings in an open and loving way possible.

Actually, I feel like I just jumped out of a train and started screaming and kicking. I really want to apologize to you and BLACKDOG, I feel like I am not offering anything from me personally, all I am offering is what I've been taught and therefore "branded" to do/feel.

I have many friends who are Jehovah's witnesses, LDS, Baptists, Catholics, Buddhist's, etc, and if I am going to sit here and type that I love and respect them, then I need to learn how to become more open minded.

I already learned this the hard way with Misato. She is from Japan and her parents were raised Buddhists, however they do not practice it and did not really teach it to their children. They do things based on "tradition", much like the Protestants in America, such as going to temples during holidays, ringing the bell and dropping some change, and making promises and requests to someone or something. As much as this sounds that they in fact are Buddhists, none would profess to actually being Buddhists. I do not know everything about Japanese culture, and therefore it remains a difficult thing for me to comprehend.

But we have had many discussions about who is Christ, what is God, why is there a God, all very very basic things and I really pushed her in the beginning because I feel that God is the way and the only way, but I forgot that it only makes perfect since to me and not her.

I'm rambling and going off topic again, but I would like to hear how this makes it man made for the Sabbath.
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki