Author Topic: CAT stolen 4runner  (Read 4330 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: CAT stolen 4runner
« on: Jun 28, 2007, 10:36:18 PM »
this has been ahppening for a long time, welding a bar on the bolts is pretty useless, it prevents us from working on our own trucks if ever we need to. you can also bet a thief can just cut them off, depending on the tool, it can be done quite easily and quiently very quickly

Not much where the cat is in the way :dunno: at least not in my case.  I just welded it on, instead of using the bolts. I could never get it to seal right anyway, so I used that as an excuse.  I know a theif can cut it off still, but it makes it that much harder for the guy that isn't prepared, but has a couple of crescent wrenches in his car, or a socket set.  I just work under the theory of making it harder to steal than the next guys :dunno:  I don't want his to get stolen either, but I'm taking the precautions, and he's not (specific people in my case, I've even warned them, and they dont care.)
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent