Author Topic: Look Before you Leap!!  (Read 2080 times)

Oddmar

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 74
  • Male Posts: 402
  • Member since Aug '04
  • J3 Productions
    • View Profile
Re: Look Before you Leap!!
« on: Jun 11, 2007, 07:27:08 AM »
I've been to Cali and AZ, and if that tree was out in the desert somewhere, you're right, it would be very uncool to just run over it. But that looks like a midwestern or southern gravel quarry, from the background, not undeveloped private property or BLM land...in this case, it's like driving over a weed...that little bush/ tree will just get scooped up by a dozer...the hill was probably pushed up by a dozer originally.

I know we all need to be very careful when we wheel, not only to preserve our trails, but also to not give the Greenies any ammo against us. But there's gotta be a line somewhere, too...in Illinois, that tree is just scrub growth...if they had closed the quarry and landscaped it/ planted new trees, i would be right beside you guys in correcting that kind of behavior. But in this case it's harmless recreation...probably...and if the tree-huggers use this for ammo, they're just nitpicking.

Try this one, a 4runner/ water recovery...right at the end, they pull the plugs to get the water out, but they pulled the oil drain plug too, and it looks like the oil is just draining right into the creek. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyMZxYzllJE&NR=1
The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Only when i am finished will there be peace: The peace of an empty wind as it blows across a land strewn with the bones of my enemies.