Author Topic: Can't trust mechanics at all. Talk about gouging hours...  (Read 5990 times)

NT-OUTBACK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 139
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
I "was" a tech for six years; I worked at one shop that paid me by the hour if I had a thumb in my butt or a wrench in my hand. The shop was a great place to work everyone was friends. When I left, I worked at another shop that was flat rate which totally sucked other mechanics would stab you in the back and the shop atmosphere was hostile.

For your Redding folk, I had the brief experience of working for a Miller. Talk about a joke I had a car that I was doing a certified pre owned inspection on catch fire. Battery was so tall in this POS it arced and welded itself to the under side of the hood bracing catching the battery box, fuse box, battery cables on fire. I put it out, and I stared at the jelly/blob like remains of where at battery once resided.

I told the big cheese and they wanted to know when it would be ready to put on the lot.  Shaking my head and I stated the car needed to go to wholesale. They replied we will fix it; tell us what parts we need. Long as the paint was not damaged was their only other concern. No it was not.  I packed up my box and quit.

I now know that when you see a pill bottle of Aspirin cut out as make shift battery post protector with a zip tie on it, to be careful closing a hood.

Note to self in a future life, become a doctor