Author Topic: Motorcycle Riders  (Read 127789 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Motorcycle Riders
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2007, 09:25:12 PM »
Good suggestions red :thumbs:

I've done the riding fast thing on the street and can tell you it's WAY more fun on the track!  You can't imagine what a load off your shoulders it is when you only have 2 things to worry about: the rider in front of you and controlling your bike.  On a trackday everything behind you isn't your concern or responsibility, only what's in front.  I've also pegged out my old cbr600 on the freeway once (155 registered) and can tell you stuff comes at you way faster than you'd ever suspect! 

Watch out for cold tires too.  I've highsided leaving the college on a cool but not cold night, but a strong cold wind had the road very cold.  Powerslid through the corner, wondered why I was staring at the car next to me then caught traction and flipped over the bars.  No idea how, but I came back down on the seat after my handstand and rode it out, then.......well....... powerslid onto the onramp :headshake:  I was a genious back then.

Another night my friend and I were heading back to his place to grab something and stopped at a light.  Light turns and he goes first, halfway through corner my front end washes out what feels like a good foot or two, catches then the back end swaps around.  I roll up next to him at the next stop sign and ask if he saw that, and he says "yup, you headlight was shooting back and forth pretty violently, I had no idea what you were doing"  We went back through there on the way back and he saw a flattened soda can. 

Maybe we should turn this into storyfest :haha:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!