Author Topic: Xtreme Flex Thread  (Read 380966 times)

94toyota4x4

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
Re: Xtreme Flex Thread
« Reply #600 on: May 01, 2007, 10:11:29 PM »
No unloading while street driving...unless of course you're doing something wrong..HAHA, otherwise it handles quite well. Stable? yes, I'm running chevies and no front sway bar, sure it leans a little in the turns but it never feels unsafe for my driving. Even get a little off camber when wheeling, no problem. The upper shackle is pretty much not even there when you're on the street. Heck, it doesn't make any noise when you're on the trail.If when you say high speed do you mean 100+ MPH? Then I couldn't answer that and I would say it's probably not the set up you want...then again my little truck won't go that fast...LOL. Remember the upper shackle can't come off the frame until the spring is fully unloaded (no weight) and as far as slap goes your shocks should take care of most of that and then you might consider a bumper or snubber at the frame if that isn't enough. I've been on washboard roads as fast as 35MPH which is about as fast as you get without sliding of the road and I've driven through sandy washes up to about 50+ MPH with no worries. The speed you take yours to is up to you. Hope it works for ya!

Yea I wont be doing 100+ either, bearly can get my truck up to 90, but it sounds good unless youre doing some jumping then you have absolutley no weight on the rear till it comes back down, I think a high quality shock should prevent the slap, thanks for the help, I should be doing a double shackle soon.
1991 4x4 Toy x-cab SR5 V6 , Total Chaos Gen 2 caddy kit, 62" Devs with king shocks all the way around, fugitive fab buile bed cage, triple bypasses in the rear, fiberglass hood and fenders f&R tacoma rear fenders, and a long list of other things.

**********Its for sale pm if intrested*************

not the truck in avatar check classifieds