Author Topic: Need Help Engine Related  (Read 2671 times)

Loki

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 354
  • Member since Dec '06
  • What are you lookin' at?
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help Engine Related
« on: Apr 21, 2007, 07:44:06 AM »
Cheesemaker - We tried the local adds, but drawing up blanks...like i said davis which is like 30 minutes (If that) - has a rebuilt smog legal 22re for 1300 and they'll throw it in for 850... The labor was way better than yota masters plus the engine has some goodies adjustable cam, and they deck the head hone the cylinders yada yada yada...looks like a good deal.

Big Mike - If he doesn't decide to just buy a new engine, we might take you up on that. Marlin tinkered with some adustments on Lagens truck a while back and the truck runs great...now if we get the runner going, that would be the heat. I'll definately keep this number.

Toy Guy - nothing sounded right about yota masters...they wanted to charge 960 for the labor, but they couldn't explain the parts costs or breakdown at all and it didn't even seem like they were going to replace much. it sounded like they were going to go the quick route, pocket some money and over charge for labor.

Brainlessfool - I'm not exactly sure what it failed for...i don't have the results of the smog, but i know he said it was running lean...they'd pull the plugs and there was white residue on them, now it's not for some reason...but the plugs were pulled and their's oil on them...i'll see if lagen can clarify a bit on the results of the smog. It has been in and out of shops for a while now. about a year ago when he first got it i drove it to the store and it had 35's stock transfer gears with 4.88's in the diffs and that thing will just take off like nobody's business. I think they were going to provide a certificate and then he'd be stuck with his...well truck that won't pass smog. Here's a thread from a while back about the smog issues
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29989.0

I don't know what he's decided, but i'm sure he'll chime in. I really appreciate everyone hooking me up with some contacts and options...

Thanks
Jack
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2007, 07:53:29 AM by Loki »
88 turd SAS with some "stuff" under it.
MY BUILD UP THREAD