Author Topic: Global warming alert  (Read 14900 times)

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Global warming alert
« on: Apr 19, 2007, 04:54:55 PM »
Well, since you asked.....

We have only been able to "accuratly" measure temperature for the last 100-150+ years, and really don't know 1/10 of 1% about anything about how the global climate fluctuates. Sure we can take educated guesses based on fosil records, but we don't really know anything. What we do know is that there was a period of time where the earth was **really*** warm, and we know there was at least one ice age. These occured over several million years.

Does anyone really believe that we puny humans have the ability to completly change the earths atmosphere/climate in the last hundred or so years since we've harnessed fossil fuels?

I will not argue the fact that the earth has gotten warmer since we've been able to record temperatures. I do believe it's probably true to some extent (even though there are "experts" who would argue this "fact" as well). What I will argue until I'm blue in the face (excess carbon dioxide) that WE are responsible for it. It is insanely presumptuous on our part to think we have the ability to fix this blip in temperatures by limiting our greenhouse gasses. (Greenhouse gasses are another "scientific" theory that has plenty of very large holes in it, but that is for another rant).

In a nut shell (which is where some would say I belong), The world may be getting somewhat warmer, but we are not responsible for it, nor can we do anything about it. It is just one more fabricated catastrophe that has been drummed up by the enviro-nazi's, in an effort to stop what they percieve as the destruction of the world by us stupid humans. (we're obviously too stupid to understand this ourselves, so therefore we must abdicate to them so they can save us from ourselves).They have managed to create and present enough shakey science that the liberals (think: Gore), who are obligated to follow the latest "group think", feel obligated to run around screaming of the lastest dooms day theory.

It's all BS!

Ok, I feel somewhat better. Thanks for letting me rant!

Erik :beerchug:

Bravo!!!!!!! :beer: I'm getting tired of hearing crap about people causing GW. I actually closed an account at a credit union because of a lady that worked there, she would always start talking about that and how she doesn't approve of the 4 wheelin that I/ we do. She actually got mad at me because my wife and I own 3 different wehicles. :screwy: Said that we only need one and by having three we were making more polutants than most people.  :headscratch: I can only drive one truck at a time.! :shake:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com