Author Topic: Retirement savings...Rollover IRA questions!  (Read 2612 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Retirement savings...Rollover IRA questions!
« on: Apr 06, 2007, 04:47:20 PM »
This is BD's dad:

Hey, my son asked me to look at your posting to see what I thought.  I am not an financial expert, but let me recommend something to you.  It looks like someone has gotten you started on some investments but that you aren't real sure what all you've got.  I hope your accounts are in mutual funds, primarily invested in US stocks, as I believe that makes the best starting place for young people with a long investment horizon.  If that's the case, I recommend you call a representative of one of your mutual fund companies and request advice.  Lay out your situation for him/her with approximate dollar figures and you'll probably get pretty good advice on how to consolidate and proceed.  If your investment activity is with more than one mutual fund company, go ahead and solicit advice from more than one.  Be careful talking to loaded mutual fund advisors or brokerage firms, as they might steer you to one of their high expense funds.  Take your time making any moves.  Good luck.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent