Author Topic: LPSV removal  (Read 8765 times)

Volcom

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 269
  • Male Posts: 2,418
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Colorado Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rockfrogs.org
Re: LPSV removal
« on: Mar 09, 2007, 02:13:50 PM »
Here are the instructions from FROR.  I emailed him and for some reason, I had no instructions with the kit.  No worries, he sent me some quickly.

1.   Install the two fittings supplied with the new Proportioning Valve, into each of the ports on the valve.
2.   Remove the rear brake line from the master cylinder, it is the line closest to the firewall.
3.   Install one of the supplied adapter lines into the master cylinder.
4.   Install the “IN” labeled port on the new Proportioning Valve onto the master cylinder.
5.   Install the other supplied adapter line into the “OUT” port on the valve.
6.   Connect the adapter line, and the stock hard line with the supplied metric union nut.
7.   You’ve completed installing the valve itself, now some stock lines just need slight re-routing.
8.   Go to the Passenger side frame rail, and look just behind the front tire, on top of the frame rail.  You’ll see 2 junctions mounted there.  One is a “T” fitting, the other is simply a 90.
9.   Unscrew the line running into the soft line for the right front caliper.
10.   Remove the line coming down the firewall, into the top of the “T” fitting, and install it into the right front soft line.
11.   Remove the short line that used to go to the front soft line from the “T”, and the other line running towards the rear from the “T” as well.  The “T” will not be used again, and can be removed as well.
12.   Go to the rear of the vehicle, and remove the short line running from the LSPV to the rear soft line.  Determine which rear line is still used (usually the upper one running into the LSPV).
13.   Finally install the rear line that is still used, into the rear soft line.
14.   Now you can remove the LSPV entirely, as well as the unused line running back to the front of the vehicle.

Thanks for taking the time to label your pictures Fearofrunner!  I will print them off and use them this weekend!
84 4Runner
Swapped EFI and a rebuilt 22RE
Marlin Dual Ultimate crawler
Marlin high steer
TG springs
5.29's, Aussie locked front and rear
39.5" Iroks on 15x10 2.5" backspaced wheels
109" wheelbase
Addicted Off Road 8 point cage
Addicted Off Road front bumper

Addicted Off Road

Colorado Marlin members, check out the Colorado section!!!