Author Topic: Loki's 88' Build-Up **56k Beware** Now on ALL 4's  (Read 25824 times)

Loki

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 354
  • Member since Dec '06
  • What are you lookin' at?
    • View Profile
Re: Loki's 88' Build-Up **56k Beware**
« Reply #30 on: Feb 11, 2007, 11:28:37 AM »
Ok...here it goes. Friday night i set out on a journey to complete this thing and get it on it's own power/feet by sunday morning. With about 4500 bucks in parts in my garage and dining room, i figured it would be all the time i needed. Well, that proved not to be the case.

Friday the diff stud kit and the gear install in the front was a  :lipsrsealed: Longer/Bigger studs, Needing to tap the diff holes and a huge ring gear on the 5.71 took about 2.5 hours from start to finish. not to mention we didn't get started until around 7 or 8 at night. but after some cussing, hamering,  :beer: and more cussing....it went in.

Saturday morning i took off to get a donor set of 5.71's for the rear to match the front. Swapped some stock 4.10's out of my buddy's garage queen and then headed back to my place to build my truck. :psss: if you're trying to pull a gear set out of an axle...remember to take off all the bolts that hold the 3rd in place...  :smack: yeah...i'm an idiot.

Got back to my house and started numerous jobs. laying out the knuckle rebuild kit w/bearings. began building the hubs and packing the bearings. After realizing that my other AISIN hub was at a buddy's and snapping a Grade 8 bolt head off in one of the hub assemblies, we took off to go get some more supplies. Got my hub from my buddy's house and used his drill press to retract the snapped bolt. Took about an hour. Got back to the house and i stabbed the longs while lagen continued on the hubs. Started building the knuckles and getting it all set up. I heard a lot of cussing from Lagen because one of my hubs locks came apart and it was a PITA to get back together. I was doing my fair share of cussing and throwing stuff. mostly due to my messy garage. (I Can't stand clutter)

Either way, we didn't get near as much accomplished as we thought we were going to, but we did get the guts in the axle. New bobby long birfs/inners/hub gears, Sky widening kit and hubs built...all i have to now is give her some rubbers up front and put the engine back together. I Might have to hold off until wednesday. I'm cleaning my messy ass garage today.

Well I know most people only know how to read pictures, so here are a few.

The front measures 58.5" between the hub mounting surfaces.
More to come
88 turd SAS with some "stuff" under it.
MY BUILD UP THREAD