Author Topic: gas in my oil?  (Read 3193 times)

toymech

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -155
  • Male Posts: 158
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
Re: gas in my oil?
« on: Dec 11, 2006, 04:08:08 PM »
 Hey,nice rig. :thumbs: Ok,what originally happened? The truck stalled and you found the fuel pump disconnected? Usually if your getting too much fuel,plugs are soaked and runs like crap check if your spark is hot. A weak spark will not burn the fuel. The AFM might be tellin the injectors to stay wide open,try another AFM after you take the fouled plugs out. You can also check for a vacuum leak which will make the AFM act crazy.  :turtle:Id hate to see you replace all the injectors which are expensive if its somethin simple. You may want to do a base check of the compression dude just to be on the safe side and change that contaminated oil before you crank the crap out of it,too much fuel in the oil will wash the cylinders and wipe the rings. good luck and write back,ill try my best to figure it out with you.   Mike
87 Runner-rebuilt 22re,3 inch downey ifs lift,allpro rear bumper,Detroit locked rear with 4.88s,detroit true trac front diff,Marlin crawler clutch,R151F trans,Marlin Crawler 4.7 reduction gearset,33 inch Goodyear MTRs