Author Topic: Any Musicians  (Read 5398 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: Any Musicians
« on: Nov 30, 2006, 08:07:13 PM »
Awsome some guitar players on here. Abnormaltoy, so a tube screamer would help some. I dont play speed metal so it could help. I usually play for like 2 hours a week so I dont play that often either. Yes i love jam sessions. Duffil THat amp is huge 4-15s. Mine has 4-12s and it is loud as hell. I am looking into a peavey Valve KIng with 2-12s.

Anybody play a twelve string? It is so fun.

Mark

It is, of course, up to you and your ears. When I started playing (1970!!!) I bought allthe stomp boxes, that are now "vintage" finds, couldn't use them. I ended up buying them again years (decades) later for ten times the money, but now I've figured out what works for me. You have to adapt your playing style somewhat to use them...but you should also only use an effect where it "fits". For example, I prefer the tight sound of 4x10 speakers in my amps. Play with the knobs and settings, if it works buy it.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)