Author Topic: What College Major Would You Suggest!?  (Read 6371 times)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
Re: What College Major Would You Suggest!?
« on: Nov 30, 2006, 12:46:41 PM »
I would have to agree with BD and bd on this. I would take the time and $$ and invest in an excellent education. The reason I suggest this, is that no one can take away an education. The Govt or IRS could come along and wipe out your business, or you may one day decide that you're tired of coming home dirty every night and smelling like welding rod. Having a solid education will give you the *opportunity* to change your mind later in life, and still have excellent employment opportunities.

I would also go for the highest degree/cert you can. Again, its all about investing in you're future. School is a grind, and there is no other way around it. While Calc sucks (yea, I had to take way too much of it also), you just have to put your head down and slog thru it. I personally don't use 1/10 of 1% of the math that I was forced to learn, it's still an excellent lesson in approaching difficult problems in a logical fashion. (Sometimes I think that that is the real reason why we do math in the first place, but what do I know).

Don't let anyone (friends, girlfriends or trucks) derail you from getting your degree. Ultimatly it will be you who pays the price. (not getting the job(s)/careers you want, not making as much $$, hating your job and not having options, etc.) Just stick to it, and you'll look back one day and be glad.

Erik :usa:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!