Author Topic: Frame/Cab flex  (Read 1354 times)

Oatmeal

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 26
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Frame/Cab flex
« on: Oct 31, 2006, 05:37:57 PM »

Was there any other people up there on the Coyote Lake trail.  My favorite has to be Mirror Lake.
Well, our intention was to camp at Coyote (took friday off) but, we ran into a little trouble. I took my GF's kid, in his '02 Double Cab Tacoma along (it's pretty capable w/ f/r ARBs and armor) this was his first real hard rock trail (rite of passage) well, we get to the sandy flat where all the trails converge, lock our hubs and start out, only to discover that his front axle shaft won't engage (electronic ADD stuff) so, I crawl under the truck and pull the actuator motor and it's full of water! (not a good sign) however, I was able to manually engage the shaft and we were on our way. By the time we got all that squared away it was getting kinda late and this, being his first real rock trail, we decided to camp at Red, rather than have him wheel to Coyote in the dark. We did go up to Coyote the next day after breakfast, for the day, and I have to say, I was proud of the kid, he did really well. Getting back to your original question, there were a few day trippers at Coyote but nobody (to my knowledge) stayed up there (it was too darn cold!) Red, however, saw quite a few campers. Can't wait till next season! Uh....after I fix all the junk on my truck first!--------Hans
Just a redneck trapped in a brown man's body