Author Topic: Women on the Rubicon - Sometimes you wonder why people do things like this  (Read 3084 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
For all the laughing you are doing Hummer has stepped up to the plate bigtime for the Rubicon Trail. These women are behind donating cash and supplies to FOTR. Also, they have been showing up for work parties and doing hard labor FOR the trail.

[crickets]What have you done for the trail lately?[/crickets]

:thumbs: glad to hear that Hummer is stepping up :yupyup: and I think it is awesome that the women are working their butts of on the trail.  I just hate seeing these stories come out sometimes, because then it seems every Joe Suburbanite thinks his/her rig can handle it, goes out, gets stuck/broken/tears up the trail, destroying the hard work that people do for the trail.

When I lived in Oklahoma, one of the big trails got shut down because 1 guy (big time wheeler, very skilled) finally got a fairly stock jeep wrangler through a very tough trail.  After that, a bunch of unskilled, unprepared idiots went out to try and do the same thing, and destroyed the trail, tore up the vegatation around it, left trash everywhere, and basically just thrashed the place.  :headshake:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent