Author Topic: Having some A340 tranny problems  (Read 1854 times)

Addicted Offroad

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 236
  • Member since Jun '06
    • View Profile
    • www.addictedoffroad.com
Re: Having some A340 tranny problems
« on: Sep 05, 2006, 08:52:09 PM »
OK, need to update this in hopes of finding the issue. So, here goes.

Tranny seems to be getting worse. Or, at least is getting more frequent. The only adjustments I made to the toy was to adjust the Throttle position cable. I did that just before starting to have issues. So, I went back and adjusted it back to spec. Still had the issues twice on the way to work today.

Basically, what is happening is that its not downshifting into 1st and sometimes even into 2nd at stops. When this happens, I can manually get it to drop into 2nd by shifting into Low gear, but it won't go into first. Once its up to speed though it shifts fine. Then it will shift okay for a while, and then it will happen OK. I am getting no slipping from what I can feel and no hard shifts at all. Just this lack of downshifting. I have noticed that it happens quite a bit after long decents.

I PM'd Brett back channel and he mentioned that it could be a TPS or NSS causing it. The TPS made me think that it might have something to do with when I adjusted the throttle cable which is why I went back and put it back to stock. Still having the issue though today. Any ideas here are more than welcome. I'm at a loss right now.

I'm getting to the point that I may just gut it for a W56 swap. But, I would like to figure out the issue before jumping into that swap just yet.

Help???