Author Topic: Cromoly vs Birfield elimenator kit  (Read 3684 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Cromoly vs Birfield elimenator kit
« on: Sep 05, 2006, 01:40:17 AM »
IIRC, the birfield eliminator basically turns your 'yota axle into a Dana 44.  They're about equal in strength, so compared to stock birfs, you're fine.  However, I think the eliminator requires an odd size axle shaft, so if you break a shaft on the trail, its a bit harder to find a person who may have an extra one, if you don't.  Also, I thought the eliminator kit was discontinued?
Don't quote me on this, This is off memory and recollection.  I personally haven't done the research, but I know when I go SA, I'm going with the 30s :thumbs:

If you're going to step up to 30spline longs, I'd definitely go that way rather than the eliminator.  Check out bobby Long's website, he's got some strength charts that are pretty impressive, and I know a lot of people run them with some good size tires and are very happy with them :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent