Author Topic: hy steer q's  (Read 2910 times)

notajeep

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -108
  • Male Posts: 703
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawler #3289
    • View Profile
Re: hy steer q's
« on: Aug 17, 2006, 04:50:16 PM »
I had a similar issue when I went from the pus pull steering to (marlins) hy steer.  I noticed right off that the steering had much more "feel" to it. i could now feel alot more of the road\trail surface. I also noticed that it took more effort to turn the wheels while the truck was not in motion. I don't know if this was due to the different geometery of the cross over or perhaps the steering boxes were geared differently, I don't know. 
Driving with the new hy steer\crossover was normal except for some death wobble issues that I found to be caused by the steering arm nuts not being torked (sp) tight enough, I solved that but still had slight problems with death wobble when I would hit a bump at an angle ( like the ditch coming off of sand flats road here in moab).  I have since added hydro assist, did a little work on the pitman arm to drop the TRE in from the top rather than the bottom, and now all is working wonderfully!! No more DW, I can now turn lock to lock while in 4wd on the slickrock here in Moab with just 1 finger pressure (spooled front).
For the record I am and will ever be a loyal Marlin customer. Price, quality, service are all at above industry standards. HOWEVER.... that is not the reason. All Pro has treated me well in the past as well.  But I never got a hand singed christmas card from John Burnett ( I am sure that I spelled his last name wrong... if so... I am sorry.)  It is that very thing that will keep me coming back to marlin year after year. Other companys DO have good customer service, they DO have good quality products and prices..... But I have never experienced the level of care and commitment for customers that I have received from Marlin.
Thankyou and Best regards
Dan
You have a Jeep?  That's cute.... So does Barbi.