Author Topic: Another full moon run @ the Hammers  (Read 16546 times)

ZukIzzy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -113
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Another full moon run @ the Hammers
« Reply #90 on: Aug 15, 2006, 07:48:45 AM »
Any breakage in Mrs. Izzy's rig is probably my fault. :lipsrsealed: About 50 yards from the top of Wrecking Ball is a nasty notch that everyone had trouble with. Body damage was certain. :driving: The average time through this spot for the first four rigs was easily 10 to 15 minutes each. :disturbed: Then Zukizzy, our tailgunner was up.  :usa: He was slowly crawling up to the notch when the call "30 SECONDS" was yelled out. :eyebrow: In true rock crawling competition style, that Jeep was through the obstacle in about 29 seconds. :yupyup:

Nah not your fault being full width I was always going to try to get even further over on the right that you were, and not having to worry about the body makes a heavy foot approach kind of fun. It seems to me that red RV 4 runner made short work of some of the hardest obstacles out there. the one where Howard broke the first time, you made look easy and you had the last notch cleared but we were trying to keep the body off the rock. the winch point was driveable the way you had it lined up if it weren't 3:30 in the am and nobody wanted to delay any longer.
I think I actualy broke it while Howard was stuck up on that big water fall with the broken hub. everyone was helping him and I went down to move up the jeep. with no spotter I did not do a good job of looking at the rocks in front of the parked jeep and just slammed her in gear. Then promptly ended up slamming the front diff into a big finger of rock which I had to drag back off of. That was the only time I remember abusing the front toooooo bad.

Wayne when are we going again?