Author Topic: Another full moon run @ the Hammers  (Read 16550 times)

ZukIzzy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -113
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Another full moon run @ the Hammers
« Reply #90 on: Aug 14, 2006, 03:43:09 PM »
After a five hour nap, :sleeping: here is a recap of the trip. :moods:

Everyone met on the lakebed as planned just before 8. LoseKannon, Wheeler Peeler, Dizzydevil, Krawler 76 and Rock Hound (I am missing about 4 more rigs from this group :ack:) and the Redlands group split up. We figured 12 to 14 rigs on one trail at night was a bit much. We did Wrecking Ball, LooseKannon and company did Outlimits. :thumbs:

The one thing I forgot to bring on the trip was my camera. :smack: We started the trail around 8:30 p.m. and finally made it back to the lakebed at 5 a.m.  :yawn: :red_eyes: :yawn: :red_eyes: The trail was tough, but the one thing that held us up, Howard's 4 Runner. :shocking: 

The first carnage, while high centered, his fan on the 350 made contact with the radiator. After a lot of creative work, some stop leak and a LONG time it was fixed. :clap2: Then on the last big waterfall he broke a front hub.  :o Getting that piggy 4 Runner up that waterfall in three wheel drive was a challenge :headscratch:

We had a great time.  :) We are all definately better spotters after following the Zukizzy spotting method of "Driver" & "Passenger"  :biggthumpup:

I can't wait for the next run, next time I'll remember the camera. :yesnod:

The only reason for the DRIVER and PASSENGER directions is cause Our spotter is uneducamated and can't remember his right from his left. I thought I escaped with no carnage from this trip but the big puddle of gear lube under the front dif made me currious so I pulled the cover last night and it seems I broke a chunk out of the front d44 center section. I don't know how with the light footed driving i do???

Wayne