Author Topic: Boat Advice  (Read 3917 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Boat Advice
« on: Jun 22, 2006, 12:22:31 AM »
Just incase he doesn't buy that one, don't let him within 20 feet of a bayliner, and NEVER buy a boat with a force outboard.  Is he looking to wakeboard or pleasure boat?  I like 4winns boats, they seem pretty well built, but then again I'm more of a north river/alumaweld kinda guy myself.  Otherwise I'd like a smaller flat bottom like a 16' sundance, etc.  I also prefer outboards too, but that's really a personal preference point.  Our work boats have two 150hp outboards, and one of them will cruise at about 45 or so.  I love the look on customers faces when you come sliding up sideways to their boats, them thinking you're going to crash into it, then you just end up perfectly next to them.  It also surprises them how we can back away from their boat or the dock, whip it one way and end up going straight in the other direction, all in one smooth movement.  Gotta love a flat bottom.

Whats wrong with bayliner?  and what is a force outboard?

My dad is looking for a multipurpose boat, around 20' or so.  He'd like to be able to pull tubers, skiers, and wakeboarders with it (this boat'll do fine), but also cruise in the delta (this boat wouldn't do so hot)  We took the boat out, it pulls really well, and it seems to be in good running shape, but it does take getting used to the flatbottom, thats for sure
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent