Author Topic: I Almost Had a Heart Attack Yesterday  (Read 4884 times)

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: I Almost Had a Heart Attack Yesterday
« on: Jun 19, 2006, 03:41:13 PM »
had that happen to me twice at my old high school my sophmore year (glad to be out of that h**l hole) with my old 89 suburban. granted it looked like a piece of poo because of the colors, brown middle stripe and off white top/bottom stripe (yuck!!!) but no body damage and ran great. anyways, i had to parrallel park everyday because i didnt think that 35 bucks for a parking permit was worth it since i could park just as close if not closer to the school by parrallel parking.

anyways, i'd parked by the staff parking lot and when i was walking towards the school i saw this teacher staring at my truck and getting her cell phone out, partway into 2nd period i get pulled out of class by the school security because of my truck being towed. go outside with the guard (friend of mine, real laid back) and we see a tow truck trying to pick up my suburban. when we get about 20-30 yards away we hear this LOUD BANG!!! and see my suburban fall back to the ground and the crane on the back of the tow truck snapped in two (not pretty at all).

as it turns out, with the weight of the extra skid plates on the bottom of my truck (made by previous owner out of 1/2" sheet metal) my truck weighed in at a little under 7,500 lbs and was way too much for the crane to handle. long story short, the teacher that called it in was held responsible for the wrecker, and they had to fix my tailgate/rear window (torn up by the broken crane).

do yall think she got what she deserved? i wasnt parked illegally or for a long time, she had told the wrecking company that i had been parked there for a week (how does maybe 1.5 hours become a week?)
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech