Author Topic: Low mile LC Engineering HO supercharger for 22r - Texas  (Read 4845 times)

dcg9381

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since May '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
More Q/A:

give me some details on the superchager :drooling:
mile on it?
did you buy it new?
is it on the motor now?
how much for it?
would you ship it to WA? :drooling:

Supercharger is a Camden (Atkins Rotary) Supercharger.
Camden sells through LC Engineering exclusively.
Long story on my history with it, but in short, I bought a new one.  I have receipts for it.  It's on the motor now, with EFI - I'm leaving it there until it sells in case someone wants to take it for a drive.  My motor was built for it (forged, low compression).
Asking $1300.
I'll ship it anywhere in the USA.
I have a little more than one oil change on it, I'm estimating 5k miles.  I guarantee that it's not trash, it'll boost well and it 100% serviceable by Atkins Rotary.
Now if you decide to run 10psi through a stock 22r, not my fault!  :-)

My recommendation would be to lower the boost (replace a single pulley $100) if you use it with stock compression.

For those of you that really wheel, this is THE bolt on to have.  Huge torque difference.  I highly recommend a big carb - or EFI with a big throttle body.  This thing really wakes up when you run big air through it.

If I was wheeling on a dime, I'd run propane (100 octane) with this thing as is on a stock 22r and see how it does.  It still may be too much boost, might be right on.. Not sure. 

LC Engineering WAS selling 4 of kits using this blower.
2 carb'd, 2 EFI.  Hi/Low boost versions.  Last time I talked with them (about a month ago) they had given up getting it to work with the stock EFI, as it's a "blow through" application and the rotors on the supercharger were making too much heat.  I believe they've discontinued them.  I run it with EFI - draw through - using a TBI from a 4.3L chevy.  It runs well, the quality of the GM TBI leaves something to be desired.. there is a 40mm (dual) TDM TB that would work better.  With draw through, the fuel cools and lubricates the rotors.

Will it pass CA smog?  I doubt it.  The truck is originally a CA truck.  All smog stuff has been gutted.  No cat.  I think it'd still be required to pass visual in CA.
It passes with flying colors (exempt) in TX.  Blower is not CARB exempt.

Truck is forsale at $5k, but I'd prefer to part as I can use the axles and suspension for my 4runner... All I really wanted was a cherry 1st gen 4 runner and a bit of cash!