Author Topic: Tube Front Bumper  (Read 20039 times)

TheBandit

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -14
  • Male Posts: 174
  • Member since Jan '06
  • MS in BS
    • View Profile
    • www.xtremefabricator.com
Re: Tube Front Bumper
« on: May 22, 2006, 09:03:56 PM »
Thanks guys!

UPDATE

Got a few pieces bent today. Here's my plane of bend bracket, which was custom made by John (aka CaptainFab) on www.offroadfabnet.com. John has been following my progress on the bender and offered to make this for me to save time. He even custom powdercoated it yellow (the future color of the bender) and added a knurled setscrew. THANKS JOHN!

(below) The first piece I made was the lower hoop. This came out perfect, but I ran into a bug with the cutting templates (now worked out) and will have to cut it for fit tomorrow.

(below) Here I am measuring to check the angle. I didn't have to rebend a single piece today; springback was consistent from tube-to-tube and the bender nailed every angle. Bend Tech Pro worked awesome!

(below) The next part is the waistline hoop. This is a four bend, single plane part. Here I am gearing up for bend number 2.

(below) The completed part, ready to remove from the bender.

(below) I did this work today by myself, so I didn't have anyone to hold it up to the truck to check fit.

(below) Later in the evening one of my roommates got home. I had him hold the part up while I took pictures. It sticks out a little further than I had pictured, but the measurements are correct and it should accomodate a winch without moving the A/C condensor.

That's all for tonight.