Author Topic: HOW BAD IS THE 3.0  (Read 2833 times)

furrballs95

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 124
  • Male Posts: 302
  • Member since Oct '05
  • boot scoot put in 4low and boogie
    • View Profile
Re: HOW BAD IS THE 3.0
« on: May 22, 2006, 11:23:57 AM »
the only reason my page says that is because the head gaskets went on my 91 and then my 95. soo i kinda pissed me off the motor isn't a bad motor if you take of it . but the head gaskets are the the only downfall of the motor.  but now since i got them fixed the motor runs really strong i pull 80 mph down the highway no problem and i don,t understand why everyone says the 22re is sooo much better of a motor my friend be going on his third rebuild in the last year for his 22re. the 3.0 may not be the best motor out there but i can definitly hold it own on the trail. i'm not really shure how much the motor has inproved over the 88 because all of my buddys have 90 and up toyotas.
is the 95' 3.0 improved over the 88'??? furrball your page says "head gasket eater" yet you still like the 3.0?? how often does it eat? any other problems with the motor come up regularly?
is the 95' 3.0 improved over the 88'??? furrball your page says "head gasket eater" yet you still like the 3.0?? how often does it eat? any other problems with the motor come up regularly?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 11:28:42 AM by furrballs95 »
95 Toyota p/u 3.0 v6. Marlin SAS with 5"springs, 30 spline bobby longs, and a welded V6 third in a trussed 85 front axle. 529's front and rear, Marlin rear kit with 5" springs, lockrite rear locker,  36"  IROCKS on 15x10 black rock crawlers, custom front and rear bumpers,