Author Topic: HOW BAD IS THE 3.0  (Read 2847 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: HOW BAD IS THE 3.0
« on: May 16, 2006, 03:26:37 PM »
:dunno: its hit or miss.  I've gone through two 3.0s in the last year and a half, original went out with 185,000  second one I bought used with about the same, went out 10k later, motot I hav e now runs stronger than either of the previous ones, and has about 198,000 on it.  If you can get the motor, tranny, and harness for real cheap, I'd probably go for it, but if you're gonna spend a good amount of $$ on it, you may as well rebuild yours ,or step up to a 3rz :thumbs:  only reason I still have a 3.0 is because I can't afford the 3.4 swap right now.  Just to keep the truck running, you're usually better of putting in the same type of motor you had in there :thumbs:
I would say take the money and swap an 3rz or 22re into your 85. The 3.slow is sssssllllllllooooooowwwwwwwwww you wont be happy with the 3.0 its gutless. I have a 22re in my runner and i pass people with 3.0's when i drive in the mountans  :driving:  :twocents:

:dunno:  mine pulls great, better than 22res that I've gone up the hill with :dunno:
 :driving:

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent