Author Topic: No More Day Laborers  (Read 7574 times)

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: No More Day Laborers
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2006, 10:19:01 PM »
Funny thing is, it's not like I'm pullin that one out of my hat either.  I grew up in a small logging town (used to be a bigger mining town way back when) near the trinity alps, and there are tons of them around.  Worked in a good sized pharmacy for over 3 years during highschool, and even when I was in the back of the store I could smell them coming in the front!  There were times when I would have to go into the warehouse to "organize" for 20-30 minutes waiting for the smell to air out!  The women that worked the registers would get super pissed too, cause they had to sit there and deal with the smell!

And yea, the people who don't work and earn what they have are always the ones who think everything should be shared.  In a perfect world every capable man and women would work 5 days a week for the same amount as everybody else, and the only people who would get assistance would be the disabled and elderly.  THAT would be a truly level playing field.  Nobody would complain about their jobs, and every 2 years everybody would shift to another job so we all got a chance at the good/bad jobs.  Waste disposal technician one term, governor next, engrish teacher next.........

Interesting.  Every wonder why a big mining town becomes a small timber town?  Is it even a timber town anymore, or have all those jobs been shipped overseas too?  I am sure they still cut wood, but all of the processing and jobs are probably in China.