Author Topic: Anyone live in or around Elko, NV?  (Read 2233 times)

11 Bravo

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 140
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Chicks dig scars
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone live in or around Elko, NV?
« on: May 01, 2006, 08:14:10 AM »
Yes, that is legal in elko county. But you have to go to a town named wells to find any.

Actually, if you are referring to brothels, there are 5 or 6 right in Elko, 1 in Carlin (about 20 miles west) 1 in Battle Mountain (about 60ish miles west) and a half a dozen or so in Winnemucca. I don't remember any in Wells, although I didn't really go around looking for them. My work took me all over the state and I remember several around though.

I lived in Elko for 7 years working for the Caterpillar dealership there. I have been in Wyoming for about 8 years now, but I still know several people there and have been back a few times for quick visits. I left town when the gold boom dried up in the late 90's.

I liked it in Elko. It is a pretty decent town. They have a lot of stuff going on there. Every summer they had a cowboy poetry festival, a rodeo series that ran all summer, they had the professional bullfighters competion ( rodeo clowns), there was a tough truck competition and mud race 2 or 3 times a year and lots of other stuff. There is a pretty nice shooting range just west of town and a pretty active gun club if you like to shoot. Believe it or not, there is (or was) a ski hill with a lift just north of town. Tons of public land and pretty good deer hunting. Lots of mountain biking and motorcross. The Ruby mountains are just south and some real nice areas. Lamoile canyon is only about 20 miles south and there is some real nice places to camp and hike there. The fishing isn't real great, not a whole lot of water around those parts. Next time you are there be sure to eat at a Basque restaurant. The food is great and they are kind of cool the way they serve you.

I had a very good friend who was a FF there. I haven't talked to him since I left so I don't know if he is still around there or not. Is the firestation still right by the airport?

If there is anything specific you want to know ask and I will try to answer.
I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things.