Author Topic: need help with BUGGY SPRINGS  (Read 3934 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: need help with BUGGY SPRINGS
« on: Apr 28, 2006, 10:52:19 AM »
i dont know what i want  lol. Now im think about 63inch chevy springs with double shackel? what do ya think. and pics? and tips on doing this. Thanks Guys

There are all kinds of options regarding those ideas, MiniSimp has a spring perch that will rotate allowing the spring to move freely and not bind that people are interested in. Works so well that he hits the top of his frame with the side of his tire. I had double shackles on my Samurai they helped a little but not enough. Plenty of the guys runs Chevy and Ford springs and get excellent results but it does involve moving the front spring mount forward. Most of them then put the rears up front which involves the same procces. I think the majority buy a complete set from MC which will come with everything needed to achieve the desired travel. Just remember that for every thing you do there may be something additional required to make it work. If I'm not mistaken if you put the rears up front you will need to use a high-steer system which means you will also need to get an IFS steering box. That means you will need the IFS conversion kit and that needs to be welded in. So if you go that route and don't have the knowlege and skill to do-it-yourself it's gonna get expensive.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you