Author Topic: Jambo '06 pics  (Read 17220 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re: Jambo '06 pics
« on: Apr 24, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »
When we got back into the valley, lilbuddy, TURBO and I stopped outside of base camp for a while and had some fun. lilbuddy was doing some cool doughnuts around my truck and I was trying to get a picture of it but my camera couldn't focus on him, moving around in the dark.

And on the 3rd or 4th pass around my truck, disaster NEARLY stuck!!! His passengers side tire hit a bump which sucked the suspension up just enough to cram his 37" tire into his cab and thus stopping that tire dead in its tracks. And with all of the weight and momentum going around, he actually did a one-tire stand and then came back down really hard! Yes! He was really up on one tire!

He was very fortunate that he didn't roll it! He would have rolled it at least twice with that one. It was funny because we had just talked about not rolling it, because it happens to many times when you do this :yupyup: and it almost got him!

When my camera was finally able to take a pic, it was Right when he Just came back down, as you can see his wheels now turned to the right side. No doubt the steering wheel was jerked from his mighty lilhands.

He just sat there for a couple of seconds, frozen and speechless. We all pretty much held our breaths just then. Thanks lilbuddy! Next time I want it on its top and we can get some more pics of it, mmmmmm-k?

:beerchug:

I had a great time out at the Hammers and I can't wait to get back out again. It is definitely worth the trip down there and there is always so much to see and do. Every time I've gone out its been a new experience.

Hope everyone had a safe trip back home and wheel with ya later :wave:

BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki